We don't believe in rules and rather talk about guidelines because the growth of the Whiskybase database is relying on new information to be added in a continues moving market. Distilleries start, brands are launched and closed. New and old bottles are found and exceptions are always to be found. Therefore we came up with a basic set of guidelines to help you understand what we are doing.
- Have the exact whisky / photo in front of you when entering it to the database.
- Only enter or change information that you can cite a trustworthy source for (stick to provable facts!).
- Use the search to find brand name variations.
- Follow the Quick Start Guide for your first few submissions.
- Refer to the full guidelines (below) for anything you are not sure of.
- Ask in the help forum if you get stuck, and be polite and friendly to others.